Truecaller is one of the most popular call identification and blocking apps. It allows you to identify who is calling you, protect you from spam calls, etc. This tutorial will show you how to set up and use the Truecaller app on iPhone.
How to set up the Truecaller app
The application is easy to set up, just like any other. Download the Truecaller app from the App Store on your iPhone to get started. Once the app is downloaded, open it, enter your phone number, and then enter the confirmation code that you will receive via SMS.
Create your profile by entering your name and mailbox.
Turn on spam protection
During the setup process, you can enable spam protection, which will warn you about spam calls from service centers, TV stores, advertisers, etc. To do this, open the Settings app > Call Blocking & Identification and enable all Truecaller options.
Give access to contacts
After enabling spam protection, you will need to give the app access to your contacts. The app says: ” Your contacts will not be shared with anyone under any circumstances .” Click “Grant permissions” and then “Allow” on the pop-up window.
Even if you choose not to give the app access to your contacts, it will still be able to identify incoming calls.
You need to give the application access to notifications on the same screen.
After that, a screen with the terms of the premium subscription will appear. For now, you don’t need it. The free version with ads does a great job.
How to find out who called you through Truecaller
1) Open the Phone app on your iPhone and select the Recent tab at the bottom.
2) Click the icon ( i ) next to the desired call.
3) Scroll down and select Share Contact.
4) Select the item “Search in Truecaller.” You can also click View Entire Profile to learn more.
How to find out the sender of a message through Truecaller
1) Open the Messages app and select the chat you want.
2) Tap your phone number or profile picture at the top of the screen.
3) Click the Details button.
4) Click “Share contact” and select “Search in Truecaller.”
How to find out who owns a number using Truecaller
You can also open the Truecaller app and enter any number to see who it belongs. You can copy the number anywhere, and the application reads it from your clipboard.
If this does not happen, insert the number yourself by clicking the folder icon.
For many numbers, the country is displayed. You can also find out when the person was last online.
When you search for someone through Truecaller, the app will show you when the contact was last online in the app. To find out when one of your contacts was last online, open the Truecaller app and tap More > My Contacts at the bottom.
How to hide your status in Truecaller
If you don’t want others to know when you were last on the Truecaller app, open the app, go to More > Settings > Privacy Center, and turn off the Status option. Now no one will see information about when you last used the application. But you will not know the status of other users either.
How to enable SMS filtering through Truecaller
Spam call protection is enabled during the app setup process. Later, you can also enable-spam SMS blocking in it. If you’re using Apple’s built-in SMS filter, you won’t be able to allow the Truecaller filter as well.
Here’s how to enable SMS filtering in the Truecaller app in iOS 14 and newer:
1) Open the Settings app and select the Messages section.
2) Scroll down and select Unknown & Spam.
3) Enable the option “Filtering by the sender.”
4) Select Truecaller instead of other services in the list.
Get notifications when your profile is viewed in Truecaller.
A Truecaller Premium subscription removes ads from the app and unlocks additional features, including:
- Who Viewed My Profile: Let’s you know who has viewed your profile in the Truecaller app recently.
- Incognito mode: This allows you to view other people’s profiles so that they do not receive notifications about it. After subscribing, in the app, go to More > Settings > Privacy Center and turn on View profiles privately.
Other Truecaller features on iPhone
Now you know how to use the Truecaller app to discover who called you when they were last online. The app has many other features, such as personal and group chats, voice calls, the ability to mark numbers as spam, etc. d.
There are over 3 billion numbers in the Truecaller database.
How to remove your number from the Truecaller database
If you do not want your number to appear in the Truecaller app, you will need to deactivate your account and remove your number from there. If you have never created a Truecaller account, skip to step 4.
1) In the Truecaller app, go to “More” > “Settings” > “Privacy Center”.
2 ) Click ” Deactivate account.”
3) Select “Delete my data” and then click “Deactivate account.”
4) Now go to the Truecaller website, enter your number and verify that you are not a robot.
5) Click the Unlist button, and within 24 hours, your number with other information will be removed entirely from the Truecaller database. You will also not be able to use the Truecaller app until you create a new account again.
Don’t forget to delete the Truecaller app from your iPhone if you don’t plan to use it anymore.