If you have a device that supports the Fugu14 tool and want to use it in tandem with the unc0ver jailbreak, you’re lucky. With the new version of AltStore, you can automatically install Fugu14 through the unc0ver app. The process is simple and understandable.
What you need to know
So far, the Fugu14 tool only supports iPhone XS and later with iOS and iPadOS 14.4-14.5.1.
The exact list of supported devices:
A14 – iPhone 12 mini / iPhone 12 / iPhone 12 Pro / iPhone 12 Pro Max
A13 – iPhone SE 2 / iPhone 11 / iPhone 11 Pro / iPhone 11 Pro Max
A12 – iPhone XS / iPhone XS Max / iPhone XR A14 – iPad Air (4th generation)
A12Z – iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation) / iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation)
A12X – iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation) / iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation)
A12 – iPad Air (3rd generation) / iPad (8th generation) / iPad mini (5th generation)
In the future, the tool may be updated to support iPhone X and older. Support for older versions of iOS and iPadOS 14 may also appear. When this all happens is unknown.
If you have an eligible device with iOS or iPadOS 14.4-14.5.1, you can install AltStore v1.4.8 and later download the unc0ver app (v7.0.1 and later) and install the Fugu14 tool.
Please note that the Fugu14 tool has only recently been released to the public, so it may contain bugs. The developer tries to eliminate them as soon as possible, but proceed with the installation only if you are ready to take the risk.
How to install unc0ver with Fugu14
1) Open our unc0ver jailbreak instructions and follow steps 1-19 to install AltServer and AltStore if you haven’t already.
After installing the latest available version of the unc0ver application, a notification will appear in the AltStore to let you install an unbound tool. If this message does not appear, your device does not support Fugu14.
2) You can either install an unattached tool or use unc0ver as a semi-unattached jailbreak. We need to click the Install Untethered Jailbreak button :
AltStore will begin the process of setting the unc0ver placeholder.
3) Once completed, click on the ” Open Placeholder “ button :
The Fugu14 configuration interface will appear after AltStore sets the unc0ver placeholder.
4) Press the blue Setup Fugu 14 button.
The installer uses a few commands and then directs you back to AltStore to continue with the installation.
5) Click the ” OK “ button when the commands are completed:
AltStore will now start installing the unc0ver placeholder patch.
6) Once completed, click the ” Open Placeholder “ button :
Fugu14 tool interface will appear.
7) Click the blue-button “Install Untether” :
The Fugu14 installer uses a few extra commands and then prompts you to reboot your device.
8) Click the “Reboot Now ” button in the window that appears:
After the Reboot, run AltStore to continue installing the unc0ver jailbreak.
9) Click the “Install unc0ver” button :
AltStore will install the unc0ver app and direct you to the unc0ver app to complete the installation.
10) Click the “Open unc0ver” button :
The unattached tool is already installed, so now you need to install the unc0ver jailbreak.
11) In the unc0ver application, click the Jailbreak button :
After running the unc0ver jailbreak, you will need to reboot your device one more time before completing the jailbreak installation.
12) In the window that appears, click the ” OK “ button :
13) After the Reboot, open the unc0ver application and click the blue Jailbreak button :
When unc0ver completes the jailbreak process, you will need to reboot your device one last time.
14) Click the “OK” button :
It will already have an untethered unc0ver jailbreak installed when your device turns on.
Congratulations! You don’t have to re-jailbreak every seven days, but you still need to run unc0ver after every device Reboot.
Also read: How to change MAC address in Android (ROOT)
Untethered jailbreak crashes still crashes after rebooting the device; however, the main plus is that you do not need to reinstall or re-sign the unc0ver tool with some frequency.
It is important to note that Fugu14 is the first public untethered tool since iOS 9.