Have an iPhone app you want to download, but it’s unavailable in your country? Fortunately, there is a solution!
Below we’ll show you how to view and download apps that aren’t available in your country. The process is very simple and fast.
What happens if you try to download an unavailable application?
If you try to find an app that isn’t available in your country, the App Store won’t show it in search results.
You can find the app through Google and follow the link to open it in the App Store, but this will give an error.
Fortunately, a trick allows you to get around this limitation.
How do I change my country for the App Store?
You will need:
- Address and zip code from the country where the app is available.
- Local phone number.
- Current payment method.
If you have all of these, great. If not, you can use Google to find some cafe or other institution in the desired country. Use the address and phone number of the establishment. You can enter any phone number since no codes will come to it. Plus, it’s only temporary, so there’s nothing to be afraid of.
The FaceTime and iMessage numbers will not change if you enter a new number.
It’s important to know
- If you have money in your App Store account or Apple ID, you need to spend it before changing the country.
- If you have active subscriptions, they will have to be canceled. You may even have to wait until the subscriptions expire. Only after that, it will be possible to change the country in the App Store.
- Do you have an active refund request? Wait for it to complete.
- You need to get out of Family Sharing.
- If a payment method is currently associated with your Apple ID, you may need to remove it. The App Store may require you to use a local payment method. If you do not have this, you will not be able to change the country.
If you can’t meet these conditions, try creating a new Apple ID with a different country address. Otherwise, follow the instructions below.
How to download an iPhone app not available in your country
- Open the App Store and select your profile in the top right corner.
- Click on your name at the very top.
- Now select the item “Country or region.”
- Click “Change country or region.”
- Select the country where the app is available.
- Enter the address, zip code, and phone number of that country, and then click Next and Finish.
- You have just changed your country for the App Store. Now you can download the application you need. All collections will also be relevant to the country you have chosen.
1) Using the method described above, you can download free applications. You won’t be able to buy a paid app or subscription if you don’t have a local payment method.
If you’re going abroad, you can use this method to get recommendations in the App Store that are relevant for that country.
2) To buy paid apps and a subscription, you need a local payment method.
3) Even if you can download the app on your iPhone, it may not work correctly. However, you can fix this with a VPN.
How to return your country to the App Store
We strongly recommend that you immediately change the country to your own; otherwise, you will not be able to download useful applications that are only available in your country. There will also be problems updating applications that you already have installed. Problems will be on all devices with your Apple ID.
Just follow the same steps, but use your real address and phone number.
Now you can download apps from the App Store that are unavailable in your country. The main thing is not to forget to change everything back later.